Chemonics is looking for
Enabling Environment Lead
The USAID-funded Visit Tunisia Activity is a 5-year project designed to enhance Tunisia’s tourism potential, with the goal of generating revenue and jobs, particularly for women and youth, and for populations in underserved regions of the country. The overall vision behind USAID’s investment in Tunisia’s tourism sector is to capitalize on Tunisia’s natural, cultural, heritage and historical sites to develop a more diversified and high-quality tourism sector that contributes to broad-based economic growth. Through this activity, USAID seeks to contribute to Tunisia’s growth and development to offset the negative economic impact of the coronavirus crisis. The project will seek to achieve the following four objectives:
• Objective 1: Enhance Tunisia’s competitiveness as a tourism destination;
• Objective 2: Increase tourism-related investments and revenue;
• Objective 3: Improve the enabling environment for sustained growth in the tourism sector;
• Objective 4: Private sector engagement to expand the offer and quality of alternative tourism.
This project will collaborate with the relevant ministries, private sector, and donors to advance the objectives while contributing to the following high-level results:
1. Increase in the number of tourists.
2. Increase in the number of jobs in the tourism sector.
3. Increase in tourism revenue.
4. Increase in private sector-led investment and innovation in the tourism sector.
The Enabling Environment Team Lead will lead the Visit Tunisia Activity’s Enabling Environment team to improve the enabling policy and regulatory environment for competitiveness and growth in the tourism sector. S/he will be responsible for leading the project’s efforts in capacity building for public and private stakeholders including the Ministry
of Tourism and Handicrafts, ONTT, tourism and hospitality training organizations, and industry and business associations, to support policy and regulatory reform to generate a more favorable environment for the alternative tourism sector to flourish. This will include support to digital solutions, operating procedures, training, and stakeholder outreach, as well as public-private dialogue.
• Lead the project’s efforts in capacity building for public and private stakeholders including the Ministry of Tourism and Handicrafts, ONTT, tourism and hospitality training organizations and industry and business associations, to support a policy and regulatory reform to generate a more favorable environment for the alternative tourism sector to flourish;
• Collaborate with public and private sector partners to identify reforms for a more competitive tourism sector, and support in developing legal reform tools and advocacy for their adoption.
• Support partner organizations in strategic planning, improving provision of services to the public and businesses (for government institutions) and to members (for associations);
• Support tourism and hospitality training organizations to improve curriculum and delivery of education and training;
• Facilitate policy dialogues and forums, engage government and private sector partners in identifying required reforms that would lead to a more competitive tourism sector, and support in developing legal reform tools and advocacy for their adoption;
• Oversee the Enabling Environment Team, including institutional and regulatory initiatives, as well as workforce development
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred in public policy, business administration, economics, or related field;
• 8 years of experience including 3 years overseeing policy reform initiatives and providing capacity building to government institutions;
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with high-level government counterparts and successfully leading major initiatives in institutional reform, capacity building, and/or legal reform at the national and local level
• Demonstrated knowledge of Tunisian legal environment and a keen understanding of needs and opportunities for strengthening public sector institutions and facilitating rise of more effective organizations
• Excellent management and communication skills; supervisory experience preferred
• Experience working with international donors preferred;
• Fluency in English and French required, fluency in Arabic highly preferred.
The Enabling Environment Lead will report to the USAID/Visit Tunisia Chief of Party.
LEVEL OF EFFORT AND PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
This position is long-term, on a full-time basis.
LOCATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment will be in Tunis, Tunisia with potential travel to regional locations pending project needs. The office maintains a five-day work week. Overtime is not authorized.
Please use the link below to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Nom / Entreprise :
Site Web :