Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance specialist for the regional office based in Tunis.
About the job
Under the direct management of the Regional finance manager, the Finance Specialist will provide finance support to the regional office of North Africa, as well as the country offices within the region.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Finance / Accounting:
- Oversee and manage daily accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, receivables, payables.
- Bank account reconciliation on a monthly basis and sharing them within the given time frame with HQ.
- Provide technical support, including training and mentoring, for the country finance colleagues on financial accounting and financial management systems and procedures.
- Audit preparation and focal point (external and internal).
- preparation and submission of complete, accurate, reliable and timely financial reports that will feed into donor reporting.
- Prepare accurate monthly expenditure reports for management including analysis of burn rates, and explanations for significant under and over-spends (BFU) and participate / lead the budget meeting.
- Update monthly Resource Scheduling and clear Deviation reports.
- Ensure timely Timesheets Generated and posted
- Ensures timely month end reconciliation.
- Ad-hoc rebooking as needed.
- Finance reference for the country offices questions about Dynamics.
- Verify periodic Reports and Spot checks for the partners.
- Post Journal for the partners reports.
- Assets register and follow up for the projects.
- Rebooking Expenses.
- Documents keeping.
- Advise regional finance manager and budget holder on partners ineligible expenses (if any)
- Audit preparation.
In addition to any other related tasks as needed.
Contract length: 12 months
Band: G- non management
Start date: 01 June 2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s salary scale for national staff in Tunisia.