International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
|Assignment Title:||Tunisia Resilience and Community Empowerment Activity (known as Ma3an) mid-term evaluation– Local Civil Society/Youth Technical Expert|
|Reports To:||Deputy Chief of Party|
Overview: USAID/Tunisia has requested that IBTCI’s Monitoring, and Evaluation for Tunisia and Libya Activity (METAL) conduct a mid-term evaluation of the Ma3an activity in order to capture information on the diverse areas in which Ma3an is able to achieve real impact and promote meaningful change. Ma3an is a $48.5 million, 5-year activity to increase capacity of communities to withstand political, social, and economic stresses and shocks. Ma3an’s three key objectives are to: 1) strengthen community resilience; 2) mitigate community vulnerabilities; and 3) strengthen the capacity of Tunisian Partners to sustain the improvements and processes that achieved the improvements. To achieve these objectives, Ma3an focuses on engaging with and empowering community actors, especially marginalized youth, and by building on community assets and existing resources.
The timing of the assignment will be from o/a March 1 to June 15, 2022, and total LOE will be approximately 30 days. Tasks could include but not be limited to:
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the local subject matter expert in community and youth empowerment, projects to strengthen community capacity to prevent and mitigate conflict, respond to emergencies, and create social cohesion to improve community resilience to natural and man-made crises.
- Provide the team with a briefing on the current status of marginalized youth and communities in Tunisia in terms of their economic, social, cultural, and political situation.
- Provide substantive desk review of the Ma3an activity and related literature in preparation for the work plan (inception report) and in-brief with USAID.
- Participate in the evaluation design, development of data collection instruments, including an online survey to Ma3an beneficiaries and others in the targeted communities, review and analyze relevant secondary research, conduct interviews with key government and civil society stakeholders, analyze qualitative and quantitative data and contribute to the development of the preliminary findings and recommendations presentation and draft report;
- Support the team leader to develop, test, and review data collection tools and instruments and collection methods;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the team lead.
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients, unless explicitly authorized by the METAL COR.
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on the final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the status of marginalized communities and youth in Tunisia.
- Experience participating in donor funded evaluations of community development/youth empowerment activities.
- Knowledge of the Tunisian political, social, and economic context.
- Knowledge of international development programs that aim to strengthen communities and youth, in particular, to become more resilient and to better serve needs of the community.
- Experience participating in evaluations and assessments of donor funded activities, preferably those of USAID.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively as a key member of an evaluation team and perform under tight deadlines.
- Master’s degree with 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in donor funded community/youth development and empowerment activities.
- Experience serving as a subject matter expert in donor funded evaluations/assessments.
- Superior analytical, and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment operating under tight deadlines.
- Fluent in English, Arabic and French.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
Education: Master’s degree required in a relevant social science and other related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: There shall be no supervisory responsibilities associates with this position.
Travel: No international travel is anticipated.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
Please note this statement of work is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.