|Assignment Title:||Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist|
|Reports To:||Deputy Chief of Party|
Overview: IBTCI’s Monitoring, and Evaluation for Tunisia and Libya Activity (METAL) is seeking a full-time Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist (MEL) who will provide USAID/Tunisia and its implementing partners (IPs) with high-level demand-drive technical, analytical, advisory, training, and related support services for performance and impact measurement, monitoring, evaluation, and assessment. Additionally, the MEL Specialist will support the design and management of evaluations, analyses, assessments, and the development of the Mission performance management plan (PMP), and activity MEL plans. The MEL specialist will provide METAL with critical expertise on evaluation design, methodology, including sampling procedures, survey methodologies, and qualitative data collection instruments. He/she must help ensure that methodologies used to measure results include gender, disability, and other marginal groups. The MEL Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Lead MEL Advisor.
This is a full-time position from o/a February 16, 2022 – December 15, 2022.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the production and implementation of all assessments, evaluations, and analytical reports, and ensure their quality meets USAID quality standards.
- Support events and seminars that promote collaboration and learning between USAID, implementing partners and other stakeholders, or that publicize major findings and/or disseminate final evaluation reports, as part of USAID/Tunisia’s learning agenda.
- Support training, as requested, for USAID/Tunisia staff and/or partners on performance monitoring, data verification and quality assurance, and collaborative, learning, and adapting (CLA).
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities under this contract are in accordance with USAID regulations and USAID technical and reporting requirements.
- Oversee and provide technical support to program evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required knowledge, abilities, and skills
- Experience providing technical leadership or support to the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments.
- Experience designing evaluation methodologies, data collection instruments, and conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Possess all necessary computer, database, statistical software, and analytical skills, particularly in areas related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
- M&E training/capacity building experience.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Experience facilitating and coordinating workshops is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years working for an international donor in monitoring and evaluation.
- Superior analysis and communication skills.
- Fluency in English, Arabic and French.
This position is for local candidates and is based in Tunisia.
Education: Master’s degree in economics, information systems, computer science, social science research or another related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: There shall be no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Travel: No international travel required.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).