Fédération internationale du planning familial recrute
Department Head of Human Resources
ABOUT THE POSITION
PURPOSE/SCOPE OF WORK
• To provide high quality HR advice and support to all AWRO employees.
• To coordinate closely with the member associations.
• To be responsible for overall HR functions including work-force planning, recruitment, staff administration and development.
• To ensure the development and updating of relevant policies.
• To perform a key HR role in a time of an important IPPF transition in the RO and the wider organization.
• To dedicate significant time to doing critical safeguarding work in close coordination with the RD.
• To support a culture of performance, efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability and must champion in organisational values and competencies.
Reports to: Regional Director
Contract: One year renewable, locally recruited
Please refer to the attached job description for full details of the position.
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disability, people openly living with HIV and minorities.
Department Head of Human Resources
Tunis, Tunisia Regional Director’s Office
Responsible to: Date:
Regional Director September 2020
1. JOB PURPOSE
The Department Head of Human Resources (DHHR) ensures the efficient functioning of the AWRO HR unit. They ensure that AWR Tunis Office human resource policy and procedures fit the needs, goals, and aims of the regional office and its senior leadership. This includes aligning staff to business objectives, recruiting the right talent, enhancing staff performance, supporting employee development, enhancing recruitment efforts, planning strategic HR initiatives, managing HR staff and consultants, running orientation and onboarding processes. They ensure compliance with IPPF HR policies and procedures and Tunisian labour and fiscal legislation and regulations.
They dedicate significant time to critical safeguarding work in close coordination with the Regional Director. They support a culture of performance, efficiency, effectiveness and accountability and champion organizational values and competencies.
2. KEY TASKS
2.1 Strategic Planning & HR Design
1. Actively contributes to the implementation of the IPPF strategic framework and business plan including the conceptualization and implementation of HR dimension of the change process to maximize overall staff performance.
2. In close collaboration with RD, contributes to organizational design, reviewing and ensuring alignment of system of rewards and informed and evidence-based decision making on HR matters.
3. Plays a significant role in contributing to staff well-being, drives positive change in behaviors, performance and structure.
4. Identifies staffing, learning & development and other HR needs in close coordination with the RD and senior management and develops / implements plans to address the defined needs.
5. Contributes to reporting on strategy and business plan implementation, as well as organizational redesign and change within area of expertise.
2.2 Recruitment, Retention & Release
6. Facilitates and oversees recruitment and selection processes according to strategic business needs and in line with IPPF policies and procedures. Acts as focal point on contractual negotiations.
7. Ensures that a system is in place for delivery of orientation/induction of new staff and adherence to procedures on probation process.
8. Draws up new contracts in line with agreed procedures, and ensures job descriptions, contracts and HR mapping are accurate and consistent. Ensures internal equity.
9. Leads exit management procedure to ensure seamless and positive transition for departing employees, while ensuring that all formalities are carried out.
2.3 HR Administration
10. Develops, implements, streamlines, and advises on HR policies and procedures to ensure guidelines and tools are aligned with business strategy, IPPF policies and procedures, existing legal requirements and best practice. Minimizes legal exposure on HR issues at all times.
11. Initiates, manages, and acts as a focal point for the performance appraisal process, ensuring deadlines and procedures are respected, providing briefings and orientation to supervisors and staff as required.
12. Ensures salaries and benefits are paid in accordance with contractual obligations and any statutory deductions are made including monthly payroll with an eye towards accuracy.
13. Monitors and coordinates employee contract management, including regular extensions in line with policies.
14. Oversees the maintenance and regularly updating of employee records and personnel, ensuring that confidentially of HR files is maintained at all times.
15. Oversees implementation of absence management system including leave, sickness etc.
16. Submits regular reports in line with role.
2.4 Safeguarding & Compliance
17. Takes on responsibility, in partnership with safeguarding colleagues, for the effective operation of the Regional Incident Reporting Unit for the Region.
18. Acts as Incident Co-ordinator for HR and other relevant incidents as required.
19. Personally, undertakes relevant investigations promptly, as required, in close coordination with the RD; produces ToR, reviews documentation, carries out interviews and consults with those involved, and makes recommendations and contributes to implementation of these.
20. Ensures IPPF’s Incident Management data base is kept up to date.
21. Leads all employee relations with professionalism; including investigations to resolve issues/conflict in the workplace with close collaboration with RD.
22. Ensures follow up expedited in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and employment regulations and requirements.
23. Serves as an ambassador and champion of the Code of Conduct; ensures issues are followed up in a comprehensive manner.
2.5 Employee Relations & Care
24. Maintain an effective negotiation process and harmonious employee/employer relationship
25. Advise supervisors in determining appropriate disciplinary plans of action
26. Responsible for the health and welfare of AWRO personnel and introduces such measures as may be necessary to ensure compliance
27. Works to actively engage in building trust at all levels, with all employees
28. Works within area of authority to address staff concerns and stress in a timely and professional manner, escalating where necessary
29. Supports the well-being of staff and fosters a positive working environment
30. Embodies a model approach to cooperation, communication and teamwork
31. Any other relevant duties as required.
a) Staff responsibilities carried out by the job holder
Supervises HR Administration Officer
b) Financial responsibilities carried by the job holder
To be determined
c) Advisory responsibilities carried out by the job holder
Advises senior management on HR related issues
Delivering results: Ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a complex, fast- paced, high volume environment; has an aptitude for problem solving and decision making.
Leadership: Clearly communicates a vision for the team that motivates and energizes team members; creates a high-performance culture; is actively involved in helping staff plan ways in which they can develop; takes accountability for performance of the team.
Communication: Communicates effectively and clearly; adapts communication to fit the audience; plans communication in order to influence/achieve goals. Strong negotiator. Builds trust and understanding with people who have very different views. Works seamlessly across cultures while promoting the organizational culture. Manages conflict and conflicting views.
Diplomacy and discretion, demonstrates an air-tight commitment to confidentiality.
5. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree or equivalent in HR management or related field
• Recognised HR qualification (e.g ICPD) or certification
6. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Extensive experience in HR management including business partnering and/or learning and development.
• Experience in developing and/or reviewing/updating HR policies and procedures.
• Proven experience in working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
• Up-to-date knowledge of Tunis labour law legislation and relevant national legal frameworks
• Advanced computing skills, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Good spoken and written Arabic, English and ideally French
• Solid financial and budget management skills
• A qualification and experience in coaching would be an asset
8. ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENTS
• Willingness to travel internationally – maximum of 20 days a year (likely less)
• Awareness of and sensitivity to the multi-cultural and diverse environment in which IPPF operates
• Supportive of a woman’s right to choose and have access to safe abortion services
• Commitment to put equality, diversity and inclusion into practice
• Understanding of and a commitment to safeguarding including child protection, in a local and international context
Comment postuler :
Interested qualified candidates should send a cover letter and updated CV to [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 31st of May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ville : Tunis
Nom / Entreprise : fédération internationale du planning familial
Email : [email protected]
Adresse : 2, place virgile- Notre Dame. 1082 Tunis