Oxfam in Tunisia
“Program Assistant, Admin and Logistics Officer”
is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Internal Job Grade :
Type of Contract :
Full time; 40hrs/week
Annual Salary & Benefits:
Local contract; according to Oxfam salary scale and HR policy & conditions in Tunisia
Program Coordinator or Officer
Staff reporting to this position:
To support the program team through ensuring effective and efficient program’ administration and logistics in full compliance with and adherence to Oxfam, national laws and donor requirements.
Job Purpose – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Program Support, Administration and Logistics
- Actively engage in in program/s team planning meetings and take note of all relevant tasks and needs.
- Maintain program/s activities and travel calendar, coordinate dates and needs with other teams and ensure regular circulation as and where needed.
- Work closely with the program/s team to map needs, assess risks and develop action and time plans on annual bases and monitor and assess implementation of relevant tasks on monthly or quarterly bases.
- Sufficiently compile the program/s and partners main data, online and offline, as per Oxfam and donors’ requirements. Lead, where requested and needed, on launching program/s and partners profiles on the internal online systems.
- Contribute to and engage in preparing partners and program updates and summaries to submit to the program/s lead and other colleagues.
- Where needed, translate program/s and partners’ related documents (French/English).
- Efficiently support the organization and implementation of all online and offline events related to the program/s.
- Maintain and further develop the program filing system and archive/s; coordinate with the team members and provide support where need to ensure the most sufficient filing and documentation of all program/s related files. Ensure the safety and security of files and archives.
- Sufficient management and coordination of the staff and partners travel logistics in country, within the regions and trips abroad, as and where needed and requested.
- Coordinate with the operation team to ensure timely and compliant procurement process and ensure their sufficient documentation. And where needed, advise and support the program team to ensure that as well.
- Support communication and correspondence related tasks, as needed.
- Perform any additional related tasks to support other program teams in general administration, when requested by Program Lead or Head of Programs.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining healthy professional relations and atmosphere.
- Perform any additional tasks in support of the country office general administration when as requested by the FM and/or CD.
- Actively participate in staff meeting and other related meetings, as well as in strategic planning workshops, etc.
- Contribute to the induction of new staff members in relevant positions and provide support to help their integration to the team, where needed.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.