The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 100 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
We currently support 50+ women’s rights organisations in the MENA region through country offices in Tunisia, Palestine, Lebanon and Iraq and a regional office in Amman. Kvinna till Kvinna’s Tunis office was established in 2018 and handles support to Tunisia and Egypt.
Kvinna till Kvinna Tunis office is looking to recruit a
for sub-granting and capacity building support to women’s rights organisations.
Deadline for applying: 11
of February 2021
About the job
As Programme Officer you are responsible for the following main tasks, variety of independence is depending on the seniority:
- Supporting development and implementation of Kvinna till Kvinna country programming
- Maintaining a contextual understanding of organisations and trends within the women’s rights movement within Tunisia and North Africa and participating in relevant coordination meetings;
- Making appropriate recommendations on the programme’s progress and further development as requested;
- Supporting drafting of various baseline documents, donor mapping and mapping of potential partners;
- Providing support to partner organisations through the project cycle, including i.e. identifying new partners, review of applications, reporting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Supporting capacity building efforts and organising exchanges, study trips and networking meetings to enhance quality programming and implementation;
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of programmatic and advocacy work by Kvinna till Kvinna and partner organisations.
- Supporting any other programme activities within the country office;
- Carrying out interpretation/translation work when needed (minor);
- Performing all other tasks in relation to the operations as delegated by the Head of Office.
Specific division of tasks within the country team may depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The Programme Officer for sub-granting and partner support reports to the Head of Office and will be part of a small country team consisting of two other programme officers (one for sub-granting; one for advocacy support) and a finance officer, within a wider regional team of 30+ colleagues in HQ, regional office and MENA country offices. The assignment will require travel to Egypt as well as regional and international travel.
Terms & conditions and what we offer
Staff position for two years, full-time with possibility for extension. Start of employment
2021, or soonest thereafter.
Location: Lac I, Tunis
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
The salary scale for this position will be TND 4000 – 4800 (brutto, i.e. before tax) depending on experience and seniority